Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Strangers in Love

We are but strangers in love,
Ignoring all the signs from above.
We'll curse the stars on this night.
We'll curse the gods and let them take our sight.

And when the clocks run backwards and the sun sets in the east,
And counting down the numbers of the beast,
I'll grab your hand in mine and I will never let you go.
And let the wicked winds of fate then blow.

I am the king of faceless men
And you shall be my queen of make pretend.
I swear I've seen your face before,
Somewhere sometime long before this war.

And when they try to name the things we swore could not be named,
And frame the things we swore could not be framed,
And when the time of man is just a distant memory,
We'll soar before we plunge into the sea.

I am the king of faceless men
And you shall be my queen of make pretend.

No comments:

Post a Comment